As a member of the Inn of Court, I hereby adopt this
professional creed with a pledge to honor its principles and
1. I will treat the practice of law as a learned
profession and will uphold the standards of the profession with
dignity, civility and courtesy.
2. I will value my integrity above all. My word
is my bond.
3. I will develop my practice with dignity and
will be mindful in my communications with the public that what is
constitutionally permissible may not be professionally
4. I will serve as an officer of the court,
encouraging respect for the law in all that I do and avoiding abuse
or misuse of the law, its procedures, its participants and its
5. I will represent the interests of my client
with vigor and will seek the most expeditious and least costly
solutions to problems, resolving disputes through negotiation
6. I will work continuously to attain the
highest level of knowledge and skill in the areas of the law in
which I practice.
7. I will contribute time and resources to
public service, charitable activities and pro bono work.
8. I will work to make the legal system more
accessible, responsive and effective.
9. I will honor the requirements, the spirit
and the intent of the applicable rules or codes of professional
conduct for my jurisdiction, and will encourage others to do the