Mayor Kenney's 2017 Report by the "Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia" included the goal: "Further explore comprehensive user engagement site(s)," or "CUES."
"At a CUES, people with substance use disorders will be able to safely use drugs, like heroin, under supervision while they are encouraged to enter treatment."
Featuring a Panel of Guest Speakers:
- Jose Benitez, MSW, Executive Director, Prevention Point
- Ronda Goldfein, Esq., Executive Director, AIDS Law Project
- Jeffrey Hom, MD, MPH, Policy Advisor, Philadelphia Health Department
- Louis Lappen, Esq., Deputy U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Charlene and Kyle Scott, Parents of a Conwell Middle Magnet Schooler
- Captain Laverne Vann, Philadelphia Police Department
- Sergeant Alfonso Jett, Philadelphia Police Department
Link to the PowerPoint
Link to the Handout