1. My word is my bond. I will never
intentionally mislead the court or other counsel. I will not
knowingly make statements of fact or law that are untrue.
2. I will clearly identify for other counsel
changes I have made in documents submitted to me.
3. I will conduct myself with dignity, civility,
courtesy and a sense of fair play.
4. I will not abuse or misuse the law, its
procedures or the participants in the judicial process.
5. I will consult with other counsel whenever the
scheduling procedures are required and will be cooperative in
scheduling discovery, hearings, the testimony of witnesses and in
the handling of the entire course of any legal matter.
6. I will not file or oppose pleadings, conduct
discovery or utilize any course of conduct for the purpose of undue
delay or harassment of any other counsel or party. I will allow
counsel fair opportunity to respond and will grant reasonable
requests for extensions of time.
7. I will not engage in personal attacks on other
counsel or the court. I will support my profession's efforts to
enforce its disciplinary rules and will not make unfounded
allegations of unethical conduct about other counsel.
8. I will not use the threat of sanctions as a
9. I will cooperate with counsel and the court to
reduce the costs of litigation and will readily stipulate to all
matters not in dispute.
10. I will be punctual in my communication with
clients, other counsel, the court, and in honoring scheduled