Welcome to the J. Bratton Davis Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
About the Inn
Chartered in April 2018, the J. Bratton Davis Bankruptcy American Inn of Court draws a membership from across the state of South Carolina. The Inn exists:
- To establish a society of judges, lawyers, legal educators, law students and others, to promote the excellence in legal advocacy in accordance with the Professional Creed of the American Inns of Court;
- To foster greater understanding of and appreciation for the adversary system of dispute resolution in American law, with particular emphasis on ethics, civility, professionalism and legal skills;
- To provide significant educational experiences that will improve and enhance the abilities of lawyers as counselors and advocates and of judges as adjudicators and judicial administrators;
- To promote interaction and collegiality among all legal professionals in order to minimize misapprehensions, misconceptions and failures of communication that obstruct the effective practice of law;
- To facilitate the development of law students, recent law school graduates, and less experienced lawyers as skilled participants in the American court system;
- To preserve and transmit ethical values from one generation of legal professionals to the next; and
- To build upon the genius and strengths of the common law and the English Inns of Court and to renew and inspire joy and zest in legal advocacy as a service worthy of constant effort and learning.
The Inn is guided by the American Inns of Court Professional Creed. The Inn also promotes the goals of personal and professional diversity set forth in the American Inns of Court Diversity Policy.