A Moot Court Argument
- Does your view of this tax change based on whether it has health benefits for the city and why?
- Does your view of this tax depend on what the tax is used for (schools, general funds, infrastructure)?
- Some clergy in Philadelphia have argued that the tax overburdens specific communities; should that differential impact matter?
- Given that the PA Supreme Court found the tax legal, should it be extended to other items with health consequences (caffeinated or sugar-free beverages, for example) and, if no, why not?
- Should it matter if people are avoiding Philadelphia businesses to buy their sugared beverages outside of the city (in the suburbs or New Jersey, for example)?
Link to the Mock Debate Agenda