Welcome to The Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court website.
The Robert M. Spire Inn meets in Omaha, Nebraska on the campus of Creighton University and is a Platinum Status Inn.
Please see the side menu on the left side of this page for more information on our inn's meetings, officers, and more.
Welcome to the Robert M. Spire Inns of Court!
About Us: Our mission is to inspire the legal community to advance the rule of law by achieving the highest level of professionalism through example, education and mentoring.
We offer to our Members:
1) Networking within the Professional Legal Community, with judges and lawyers in a variety of practice areas in the greater Omaha metro area,
2) CLE credits in Nebraska and Iowa,
3) Mentoring opportunities for law students and attorneys,
4) Pro bono service opportunities to the community
- Must be a licensed attorney in good standing in Nebraska and/or Iowa, or a law student in good standing and approved by Creighton
- Must be sponsored to join by an existing member
Meetings: We host once-a-month meetings on Mondays, from August through May (excluding December), to mirror the Creighton Law School calendar. Our meetings are typically held at Creighton University. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres are provided.
Guest Policy: We want to encourage prospective members to join the Inn, and so we offer the opportunity for guests to attend with these requirements:
- Each guest must have a sponsor (current member of the Inn in good standing)
- Each guest must be eligible to meet the membership requirements
- Each guest may come to 1 meeting at no cost, before they must be sponsored for full membership and pay dues
Our Members: Attorneys and law students in our group represent the best of the legal profession in this area, and we ask that you maintain high ethical standards within your practice and participation in the Inn.
We ask members to:
- Participate regularly in meetings and events (our expectation is that a member should attend at least 3 of the meetings/events each year), including the member’s pupilage presentation
- Pay your membership dues prior to November 1st
Members who are asked to leave due to non-payment or non-attendance will not be eligible to reapply for membership unless approved by the executive board.
Members are free to voluntarily inactivate their membership if they are unable to participate or pay dues, and are eligible to request reactivation during any future Inn year. Please notify someone on the executive board if you wish to inactivate (or reactivate) your membership.
For more information, please see our website: www.innsofcourt.org/inns/spireinn/