The Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, located in Wilmington, Delaware, is open to all members of the bar who practice in the areas of commercial and individual bankruptcy and debtor-creditor law. Since 2010, the Inn has received the Platinum Distinction (the highest level of achievement) from the American Inns of Court in recognition of the Inn's outstanding efforts in effective administration, communications, program development, mentoring, community outreach, and participation in the American Inns of Court movement.
The Inn strives to promote skill improvement, professionalism, and legal ethics through its monthly informative programs, mentoring system, and development of detailed materials prepared for each program. Each monthly program revolves around a series of lectures, skits, or other creative avenues of discussing a specific topic of current interest to bankruptcy attorneys. While our Inn is unique in its focus on bankruptcy law, many of our programs involve developments in litigation and other related areas.
The Inn holds its meetings at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Immediately after the program, participants are welcome to join together for dinner at a local restaurant.
For more information about the Inn, please e-mail the Inn's Secretary/Treasurer, Ron Gellert, or the Inn's Assistant Secretary/Treasurer, Evan Miller.
2019-2020 Inn Calendar:
- Orientation Meeting - Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - Guest Speaker - The Honorable Kevin J. Carey, Ret.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - Pupilage Team Program (A Recap of Bankruptcy Decisions for 2019 and Legal Quizzo)
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - Pupilage Team Program
- Tuesday, March 25, 2020 - Joint Meeting of the Delaware Inns of Court
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - Pupilage Team Program (Yes, Another Bankruptcy Movie!)
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - Pupilage Team Program (Joint Meeting - Bankruptcy and Intellectual Property)
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020 - Annual Banquet
Inn Administrative Materials:
Inn Community Outreach Examples:
Inn Pro Bono Project Materials:
Inn Program Materials and Past Topics: