Centennial Inn of Court General Information
1. The Centennial Chapter of the American Inns of Court was organized on June 23, 1997. Our Inn has now completed 10 years of continuous service.
2. Our chapter currently has approximately 52 members in three categories. Masters have been members of the bar for more than 15 years. Barristers have been members of the bar for between 8 years and 15 years. Associates have been members of the bar for 7 years or less.
3. Prospective members must submit an application. A copy of an application is available upon request from the Inn Administration, and may be found on the Inn web site. The application is reviewed by the Executive Committee, and then, if approved, submitted to the Masters for admission.
4. Annual dues are as follows: Masters: $350 ; Barristers: $250; Associates: $160. Partial scholarship assistance may be available. Dues include 8 meals served at our meetings, educational after-dinner programs, eligibility for our mentorship program, subscription to our journal The Bencher and our national dues.
5. We meet for 8 regular meetings during the year. Members may be asked to resign if they accrue more than 3 unexcused absences. Regular meetings are at the Flint Golf Club, 3100 Lakewood, Flint, Michigan, generally on the third Tuesday of the month. Meetings begin at 5:15 p.m, and we try to adjourn no later than 7:30 p.m.
6. Each member is assigned to a program team, and each team is responsible for preparation and presentation of a program at one of our monthly meetings.
7. The Centennial Chapter adopted Bylaws in September, 1997. A copy of the Bylaws is available to any member upon request.
Centennial Inn of Court Membership Information