Honorable David E. Peebles American Inn of Court
Diversity in Intellectual Property Scholarship Program
The Honorable David E. Peebles American Inn of Court Scholarship Program provides a $1,000 award to selected scholars currently enrolled in a J.D. or LL.M. program at a law school in the Northern District of York (Albany Law School, Cornell Law School, or Syracuse University College of Law), in good academic standing, and with a demonstrable interest in intellectual property law. The awards are intended to be used for law school tuition and other related expenses. The selected scholars are also offered student memberships to the Honorable David E. Peebles American Inn of Court until their date of law school graduation.
Eligibility Criteria & Application Requirements
To be eligible for the Honorable David E. Peebles American Inn of Court Scholarship Program, applicants must:
- be enrolled in a J.D. or LL.M. program at either Albany Law School, Cornell Law School, or Syracuse University College of Law with good academic standing;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to exploring a career in intellectual property law; and,
- demonstrate diverse status, defined as identifying with an underrepresented group(s) including, but not limited to, race, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, language, and/or immigration status.
In support of the above eligibility criteria, applicants must submit the below information and supporting documentation:
- an official law school transcript;
- a professional resume, with updated contact information, highlighting intellectual property-related experience and accomplishments; and,
- a personal statement (with a maximum of 500 words) describing both the applicant’s diverse status and interest in pursuing intellectual property law.
Please submit complete applications, with supporting documentation, to the following e-mail address by Friday, April 14, 2023: Hon.DavidE.PeeblesAIC@gmail.com. Please reach out to the same e-mail address with any questions. Please find a printable version of this page here.
After receipt of a complete application, the applicant will be notified by e-mail that the application will be evaluated. The selection process is conducted on a non-rolling basis following the application deadline above. Any selection decisions will be made by Friday, June 30, 2023 and funds will be disbursed to selected scholars prior to the start of the fall semester.