The Cedar Rapids chapter meets the second Thursday of the month, September through May, at various dining locations.
About Mason Ladd
Mason Ladd (1898-1980) served as dean of the University of Iowa College of Law, 1939-1966. Earlier he was a professor of law at the University of Iowa and after his retirement from Iowa in 1966 he became the founding dean of the Florida State University law school.
- To establish a society of judges, lawyers, legal educators, law students and others, to promote excellence in legal advocacy in accordance with the Professional Creed of the American Inns of Court;
- To foster greater understanding of an appreciation for the adversary system of dispute resolution in American law, with particular emphasis on ethics, civility, professionalism and legal skills;
- To provide significant education experience that will improve and enhance the abilities of lawyers as counselors and advocates and of judges as adjudicators and judicial administrators;
- To promote interaction and collegiality among all legal professionals in order to minimize misapprehensions, misconceptions and failures of communication that obstruct the effective practice of law;
- To facilitate the development of law students, recent law school graduates, and less experienced lawyers as skilled participants it the American court system;
- To preserve and transmit ethical values from one generation of legal professionals to the next; and
- To build upon the genius and strengths of the common law and the English Inns of Court and to renew and inspire joy and zest in legal advocacy as a service worthy of constant effort and learning.
Membership Dues Prices
Your dues covers the cost of a dinner at each meeting.
Master of the Bench
$340/yr, includes judges, law professors, and lawyers with 15 or more years of experience
$290/yr, lawyers with 3 to 15 years of experience
$240/yr, lawyers with less than 3 years of experience
Guests may attend any meeting, but will be required to pay a $25 fee to cover the cost of the meal. If you are interested in learning more about the Dean Mason Ladd American Inn of Court, please contact our president or membership chair.