The Pegasus Scholarships is an exchange program, wherein young
English barristers travel to the United States for six weeks to
learn about our legal system and young American Inn of Court
members travel to London for six weeks to learn about the English
American attorneys in the United Kingdom
All members of the American Inns of Court who are in their
first five years of practice are encouraged to apply. The
deadline to apply for a 2016 scholarship is October 15,
the 2016 Brochure and Application
English barristers in the United States
- English barristers spend six weeks in the United States.
- They are placed with a host American Inn of Court and the host
Inn plans the scholars' educational activities for the six week
- The goal is to provide a broad but thorough exposure to the
American legal system.
- The lodging expenses, as well as a modest stipend are paid by
the Pegasus Scholarship Trust.
The Pegasus Scholarship experience
"There are few times in your life when an opportunity arises to
see the world and experience firsthand something that you have only
read about in books. As a Pegasus Scholar, longstanding law
that you once perused on a page begins to take shape while tramping
the cobblestone streets of London. Standing in the spot where
Blackstone contemplated his famed Commentaries. Working with
the best British legal minds. Learning the inner workings of
a longstanding legal system that strongly influenced our own.
There is no doubt that Pegasus Scholars are given a rare
occasion into an impressive legal world. I know of no other
experience like it for lawyers. Dare to dream and seize this
chance."--Tyler Garrett, 2015 American Inns of
Court Pegasus Scholar
- Applications are due by October 15, 2015.
(2016 application information coming soon)
- Electronic submissions are welcome and should be e-mailed
to Cindy Dennis.
- Applications submitted by mail should be addressed to:
American Inns of Court
Attn: Cindy Dennis
225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 770
Alexandria, Virginia 22314